Server Administration Template
What is server administration?
The server administration template includes a default service for handling mail received for unknown accounts (SMTP only) and an Adminstration service for rotating logs.
How do I use it?
The server administration services require no maintenence.
To make new server administration services, take the following steps:
- If you haven't already, read about importing templates
- Launch the ListSTAR Server
- Choose "Import Any Template..." from the "Scripts" menu
- Select "Server Administration Template" in the path "ListSTAR/XXX:Templates:Server Administration :"
- At the prompt for the address and display name of " Default", enter information for the automated mail system of your site.
- At this point ListSTAR will be busy for a few moments as it duplicates files and imports them into ListSTAR. If your Services window is open, you will see " Default" and "Adminisration" appear in alphabetical order. When this is finished, a dialog will appear reporting exactly how many services, address lists, and AppleScripts were created.
- The new template is now created. In this case, you should NOT rename the new services and address lists (renaming the " Default" service will cause it to cease functioning correctly).
- AppleScript, as well as the scriptable Finder. (System 7.5 or later)
- Version 1.1 of ListSTAR or later.
If you have any questions or problems with these templates, please contact StarNine's Technical Support department, or join the ListSTAR-Talk mailing list on the web or by sending a message to email@example.com with the word "subscribe" in the body.