Corporate Autoresponder Template 1.2
What is a corporate autoresponder?
A corporate autoresponder is a typical infobot or autoresponder for any large organization. It sends an automatic reply to the sender, and forwards the original message off to somewhere else. This kind of service typically handles the mail for accounts like email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com.
How do I use it?
The corporate autoresponder requires no maintenence or upkeep.
To make a new corporate autoresponder, take the following steps:
- If you haven't already, read about importing templates
- Launch the ListSTAR Server
- Choose "New Corporate Autoresponder..." from the "Scripts" menu
- At the prompt for the listmaster's email address, enter the address where mailer-daemon mail and error messages should be sent. This address is automatically entered into the "Listmaster Address" address list if it doesn't already exist there.
- Enter the address where mail to this account should be forwarded. This address is automatically entered into the "Corporate Autoresponder List" address list if it doesn't already exist there. You can add more addresses to this address list later.
- At the prompt for the address and display name of "Corporate Autoresponder", enter information for the account you want this service to monitor.
- At this point ListSTAR will be busy for a few moments as it duplicates files and imports them into ListSTAR. If your Services window is open, you will see "Corporate Autoresponder", appear in alphabetical order. When this is finished, a dialog will appear reporting exactly how many services, address lists, and AppleScripts were created.
- The new template is now created. You should rename the new services and address lists. In most cases, you can just replace "Corporate Autoresponder" with "Your List Name" as appropriate. The names are not themselves important; it is just important that the names are unique and easily identifiable.
- AppleScript, as well as the scriptable Finder. (System 7.5 or later)
- Version 1.1 of ListSTAR or later.
If you have any questions or problems with these templates, please join the ListSTAR-Talk mailing list on the web or by sending a message to firstname.lastname@example.org with the word "subscribe" in the subject.